Getting visitors to your legal webpage is by no means easy, but what is more difficult is keeping them there. The longer you can keep someone on your site, the more likely they are to engage with your products or services. Having one thousand hits in an hour means nothing if the visitors are not sticking around. With that in mind, here are some pointers on how to get interest and keep visitors’ time up:
- Quality content. You want your pages to resonate with the readers. The content cannot be too clinical and detached. You want a human element. Your content should be topical and relevant, and you should strike a balance between the in-depth content and shorter, easier to digest pieces. The content should be visually appealing and organized, so don’t be afraid to experiment with new formats and designs to find out which performs best.
- Mobile is king. Smartphones, tablets and other Internet-enabled devices are rapidly snatching up a huge share of web traffic, so when you are first designing your site you need to build it for mobile. Consumption of digital media on mobile devices increased from 18 minutes per day to nearly 3 hours per day from 2008 to 2015 – and 27 percent of consumers on mobile devices will leave a site if they find that the site is not optimized for mobile (ExactTarget, 2014 Mobile Behavior Report).
- Add video. More people watch video on websites from both desktop computers and mobile devices. Give people an interactive experience with law firm video.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses. Analyze which pages are attracting visitors to your site and which ones are not. Framing future content around popular pages can help keep visitors engaged.
- Internal Links. It is critical to ensure that your pages guide the visitor through your site in a sensible and organic manner. Your internal links must be engaging and appropriate. Ensure that your optimization strategies for internal linking are not obstructive or off-putting.
A few simple changes to the structure and format of your website can lead to a drastic improvement in visitor time. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more information on site optimization and marketing for your legal needs.
Attorneys Online, Inc. – Legal Marketing Specialists